Now that the New Year is upon us, it’s out with the old and in with the new! Forget all of the popular wedding themes and trends of 2012. 2013 is here and it’s time for some fun and exciting new trends for your wedding. Here are just a few of the popular trends we expect to see this year:
6 Wedding Trends of 2013
- Patterns and prints. Monograms will always be popular, but couples seem to be drawn to a signature pattern or print in their wedding design now. The pattern can be carried throughout the whole wedding decor, creating a consistent look from the stationery to the linens.
- Farm and vintage. Rustic farm settings and vintage pieces are continually popular with brides and grooms, but the trend is moving away from the shabby chic style and towards a more eclectic and formal feel. Including elements such as rustic wooden farm tables added to the clean lines of ghost chairs or mason jars filled with orchids give an event a new look.
- Artisanal goods. Embrace the artisan when designing items for your wedding, from food and décor to stationery and party favors. Etsy is a great place to find hand crafted, personalized items, but you may even want to look around for local talent to utilize at your wedding for a distinctive touch.
- Colors. Gray undertones incorporated with blushes and shades of ivory will be used in linens and floral pieces. Grayed jade and linen is very beautiful.
- Baby cakes. Ditch the large wedding cake, and instead opt for a smaller cake that is surrounded by a variety of sweet confections for dessert.
- Bar scene. Themed bars are a hit this year. The men love the old-fashioned bourbon or scotch bar while ladies prefer the champagne or wine bar. Bars tend to reflect the drinks they serve, such as an ice block vodka bar or a white tufted champagne bar.